We're seeking a greeter/guard to be stationed at our ground entrance and welcome visitors while ensuring that our facility is secure. The individual we are seeking should have experience in this role, a strong, confident, yet warm and personable demeanor. This position requires balancing the importance of making our guests feel welcome with enforcing security protocol and rules about visitors and check-in.
The standard hours for the position will be 3pm - 7pm (Monday-Friday. 20/hrs minimum per week with opportunities for additional hours). From 3pm-3:30pm the guard will assist with traffic and stroller control during school dismissal. Additional hours (these will be all-day hours) will include some evenings, occasional weekend/s, and National Holidays (except for Labor Day, Thanksgiving (both Days), Christmas and Christmas Eve, New Year’s Day and NYE and Independence Day).
- Ensure the building’s security at all times
- Greet all guests, staff, students, parents and caregivers in a courteous manner
- Ask staff, parents, and caregivers to swipe their ID cards as they arrive
- Check-in all guests using the Visitor Check-In System
- Assist with traffic and stroller control during dismissal hours
- Accept packages and mail on behalf of the school
- Walk the school at the end of your shift to make sure all non-staff guests have left the building
- Monitor elevators and building systems and report any issues to supervisor
- During slow times of the day, support the Operations and Facilities department with various projects, including but not limited to administrative tasks.
- Experience: 4+ year experience as a Doorman, ideally from a School Environment.
- Systems: You would be asked to use an Apple computer and an iPad, along with our online database system, so a basic use of technology is needed.
- FDNY S-95 Certificate of Fitness (or willing to obtain one)